Protect yourself and your company from claims of liability.
Workplace Violence Liability
One of the most frightening exposures today is workplace violence. Workplace violence is any act or threat of physical violence, harassment, intimidation, or other threatening disruptive behavior that occurs at the work site. It ranges from threats and verbal abuse to physical assaults and even homicide. It can affect and involve employees, clients, customers and visitors.
Workplace Violence Insurance provides coverage for the expenses that a company incurs resulting from workplace violence incidents. The policies cover items such as the cost of hiring independent security consultants, public relations experts, death benefits to survivors, and business interruption (BI) expenses.
Worst Risk Factors
- Exchanging money with the public and working with volatile, unstable people
- Higher-risk: delivery drivers, healthcare professionals, public service workers, customer service agents, law enforcement personnel
- Working alone or in isolated areas
- Providing services and care, and working where alcohol is served
- Time of day and location of work, such as working late at night or in areas with high crime rates
How To Reduce Hazards
- Establish a zero-tolerance policy toward workplace violence
- Policy should cover all workers, patients, clients, visitors, contractors, and anyone else who may come in contact with company personnel
- OSHA believes that a well-written and implemented workplace violence prevention program can reduce the incidence of workplace violence
- All claims of workplace violence must be investigated and remedied promptly
- Ensure all workers know and understand the policy
Note: A treatment covered in one state may not be covered in another. The amount of benefits provided and the manner in which they are delivered varies from state to state.
Interested in an insurance proposal at no obligation or cost?
Need more commercial insurance coverages?
Workers' Comp Insurance | General Liability Insurance | Business Property Insurance
Business Income Insurance | Employment Practices Liability | Cyber Liability
Product Liability Insurance | Product Recall | Pollution Liability Insurance
Cargo Insurance | Directors and Officers Insurance | Fiduciary/Crime Insurance
Errors and Omissions Insurance | Professional Liability | Workplace Violence Liability
Commercial Auto | Excess | Bailee’s | Accounts Receivable | Professional Employer Solutions
Abuse and Molestation | Group Health | Key Man